Wednesday 13 March 2013

'TED' UP THE FASHION LADDER- TED BAKER A BRITISH FASHION SUCCESS STORY

As you might have read in ' About Me' on my blog, I do not only write about fashion but I also do styling- mostly for magazine editorials so far. Maybe based on taste or also on the style of the photographers I work with I very often deal with more Indie designer, young design graduates with loads of attitude and wildness in their fashion. Yet then I like to combine these 'outrages' pieces often with well designed items from the high street which fit every one and even more important which fit into an 'every- day- life- style' without being boring or too basic.
Here comes one label to my mind which I consider a stable for every wardrobe. Excellently made and designed clothes which speak to a lot of men and women. A label which serves to everyone without forgetting the 'fashion' on it's way  - the label is called Ted Baker.

Ted Baker Spring/Summer Show 2013 
















A British institution meanwhile Ted Baker started off with mainly selling contemporary men's shirts in 1988 from its Glasgow shop founded by Ray Kelvin. Opening it's first London shop in 1990's it quickly developed into a world wide success story selling clothes for both, women and men, everywhere from New York to Paris an from Jakarta to Beijing. Ted Baker is a true success story, exporting it's special British style into the world. Always adding new products like shoe wear and beach wear and now even  a Barber service to it's ever expanding product range to their loyal yet also ever expanding fan base of customers worldwide.

Ted Baker 's Spring/ Summer 13 ad campaign- can we just not wait for the summer-even if it is just the famous wet 'British Summer' but with these clothes and the obligatory stylish umbrella- who cares! 


Ted Baker offers you a very wide range of styles from quality basic pieces. As I said they are brilliant high street clothes for mixing them with more outrages designer pieces for an individual yet relaxed look. But do not under estimate their design pieces- British quirkiness might meet elegance or classic cuts are being elevated by the unexpected use of colors- Ted Baker is always there to stun and surprise you!

I found a couple of great pieces showing you exactly what I meant above. Have a look at this brilliant e-retailer, Box-Clothing.co.uk, actually founded as an independent boutique store in the 1990's, now additionally operating as an brilliant on-line shop offering you the possibility of buying an excellent edit of clothes, shoes and accessories from the convenience of your home.
To help you a bit with your choices, I used my ' stylist eye' to scan the Ted Baker SS13  collection from Box-Clothing.co.uk and I chose three that really grabbed my attention. Since I really love Ted Baker and used them for my shoots I made an exception to my men only rule on my blog and also show you a ladies item which I adore!

1. Ted Baker- Women Sarine Baroque Deco Printed Silk Blouse
An attention grabbing piece- very trendy with the beautiful baroque pattern !


2. Ted Baker- Men's Flamingo Navy Blue Polo Shirt
What else o you need but a classic Polo shirt with pink flamingos embroideries- quirky an classic- a Ted Baker specialty! Take it with humor and style this summer!

3. Ted Baker- Sandrio Navy Blue Oxford Shirt
Here you see with what Ted Baker managed to build an empire on- superbly cut men's shirt's which fit almost like custom made. The cotton is of the highest quality- a basic yet oozing with style- not many labels  manage to carry this off! 
I really hope you like my choice for you. please have a look at the whole Ted Baker range at Box-Clothing.co.uk. They offer also many other well know brands at great prices! And as I said you can stroll through the site from home with, very British, a hot cuppa of tea and some yummy home made cookies!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should talk about some of the really fantastic plus size blogs as well. they really inspire me sometimes with how they put stuff together.
    We have a great collection of British High Street Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dressing sense and fashion.
    Really a great clothes for women by the Ted Baker.
    Thanks for the post dude...!!!

    ReplyDelete